cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not printing wants to send as a fax - MF216N

donamarietx
Apprentice
  • Printer is set as default. When trying to print from a web page or even a test page, the print job is sent to printer but sits in the queue.  I am able to print from Word. When printing from other than Word,  It appears to want to send as a fax not print.  I have installed, uninstalled,and reinstalled several times but nothing changes.   I checked Device Manager and its installing as MF216n (Fax).  On the last reinstallation, when print job is sent to queue sometimes print job status shows error,  What the error is, it doesnt say.  Im using Windows 10. Im at witsend and about to throw it out the window.  If anyone can help me out please do
3 REPLIES 3

Danny

Hi, donamarietx!

Thanks for posting on our forum! This community is designed for your fellow Canon owners to help each other out with any problems they may encounter. If this is a time-sensitive matter, contacting our US-based technical support team is the most efficient way to get these issues straightened out. They're standing by, ready to help 24/7 via Email at http://bit.ly/EmailCanon or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).

Thanks and have a great day!

Patrice
Whiz

Hi donamarietx.

I will be glad to assist you.

So that I can best assist you, I would like to gather some more information.

1. Was the computer upgraded to the Windows 10 operating system?

2. If the computer was upgraded, were the previous drivers uninstalled before the upgrade?

3. How were the drivers installed onto the computer?

4. How is the printer connected to the computer?  Is it connected directly to the computer, via a USB cable, or with an Ethernet cable to a router?

5. If connected by USB, was the printer connected while the drivers were being installed?

I look forward to your reply.  Should you need immediate assistance with this issue, please contact us at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666).

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

1. Was the computer upgraded to the Windows 10 operating system?      yes but Prior to purchasing the printer

2. If the computer was upgraded, were the previous drivers uninstalled before the upgrade?  no printer installed prior to upgrade
  3. How were the drivers installed onto the computer?  disc

4. How is the printer connected to the computer?  Is it connected directly to the computer, via a USB cable, or with an Ethernet cable to a router?

5. If connected by USB, was the printer connected while the drivers were being installed?  OMG  do I need to connect it to install & make it print?   LOL  jk     connected and turned on.  but thats ok   I will figure it out.    Ive had alot going on lately and wanted an easy out by getting help troubleshooting the problem. 
Announcements