cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Jam, can't clear error message.

randyoc
Apprentice

Hello, I have a Color ImageCLASS MF8280CW. When I turn the printer on I get the error message. "Paper Jammed." I opened the feeder tray and checked everywhere and I cannot see any paper jam and I continue to see the error message. Due to the paper jam messgae, I am unable to print, copy scan or reset the printer. Please help.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

Sonya1
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello randyoc,

I understand your Color imageCLASS MF8280Cw displays a paper jam error.  To clear the error, I suggest you check the entire paper feed path of your MF8280Cw for obstructions using the steps at this LINK.  If the error remains after checking the entire paper feed path, I suggest you reset your MF8280Cw.  By resetting the printer's power, the print buffer is cleared and certain sensors are reset.  Follow these steps to reset the printer:

1.  Turn the printer off with the Power button.

2.  Disconnect the data cable from the printer (not applicable for WiFi connection).

3.  Unplug the printer's power cord for at least ten minutes, and then plug it back in.  This provides enough time for any stored voltage to dissipate to ground.

Note: If the power cord is plugged into a surge protector, it may be necessary (for testing purposes) to plug the cord directly into the wall outlet if possible.

4.  Reconnect the data cable to the printer (not applicable for WiFi connection).

5.  Turn the printer back on.

6.  Retry the operation.

If you need immediate assistance and you're in the USA, please click http://Canon.us/ContactCF for our US-based support. If you're outside of the US, please click http://Canon.us/4xf7 for support options.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thank you but it didn't work.

Left both electric and ethernet cable unpluged for 20 min to be sure. 

Powered it back up and jam is still showing.

Any other ideas?

I am Hawaii and it would be cost prohibitive to send it for service.

If I can figure this out I will just purchase a new one, whick I really don't want to do. 

Hello randyoc,

Since the issue persists, I recommend contacting us at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 8 AM and 8 PM ET (5 AM to 5 PM PT) for further assistance.  While I understand that the forum may be your preferred method of communication, speaking with our telephone technical support group will be very beneficial in this case.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

click here to view the gallery
Announcements