cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My MX410 won't print in color anymore! Help!

nanshazz
Apprentice

Does anyone know how to turn on some setting I have apparently turned off that will make my Canon MX410 printer print again with color?

Thank you!

12 REPLIES 12

dc
Apprentice

you might have disabled the print in color ability from your computer....check under the Properties tab when you click on the Print button.

Ramona
Authority

Hello nanshazz,

You can select which ink cartridge the printer uses within the printer driver.  If you have it selected to Black Only, the color ink will not print.  To change the ink cartridge setting, please follow these steps:

FOR WINDOWS

1. Select the command you perform printing on the application software in use. In general, select 'Print' on the Filemenu to open the Print dialog box.

2. Select your printer model name and click 'Preferences' (or 'Properties'). The printer driver setup window appears.

3. On the Maintenance tab, click the 'Ink Cartridge Settings' icon.

4. On the Ink Cartridge Settings window, check the 'Ink Cartridge' drop-down to see what it is it set to.

5. To change Ink Cartridge, click the 'Ink Cartridge' drop-down and select the option.  If you want the printer to print in both black and color, select the BOTH BLACK AND COLOR option.

6. Click 'OK' on the Ink Cartridge Settings window.

7. Click 'OK' or the applicable button to print.

FOR MAC OS X

The procedure for specifying the ink cartridge is as follows:

1. At the top of the message window (for the queued job), click 'Pause Printer' and then click the 'Utility' icon.

2. Select Ink Cartridge Settings from the pop-up (dropdown) menu.

3. In the Ink Cartridge pop-up menu, select Color Only or Both Black and Color and then click 'Apply'.

Note: To print using only the black ink cartridge, select Black Only.

4. Click 'Quit' to return to the queued print job.

5. At the queued print window, click 'Resume'.

Hope this helps!

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I did what was instructed and the printer still will not print in color when the ink Cartridge setting is on "Both black and color".  So I then clicked on color only and it did not print anything/blank page came out.  I know I have a good color cartridge in the machine because I just installed it before trying this.  Can someone help with this issue?

Did you ever find a fix to this?my MG3650 wont print colour at all... ive checked all settings and tried new ink. it just wont print colour

Albert_Danry
Contributor

@nanshazz wrote:

Does anyone know how to turn on some setting I have apparently turned off that will make my Canon MX410 printer print again with color?

Thank you!

So this is like being held hostage. My MX410 has worked fine for 2-3 years. Now, all of the sudden, when I put new Cannon Brand replacement ink cartridges in the printer, it automatically says "Ink is Low". WHAT? They are new!! A week later, "Out of Ink". Practically new cartridges. I noticed that the label on the "New" cartridges was a cross-referenced version. It seems like I am being forced to upgrade from my current printer to a new one because they have engineered the cartridges to no longer work in the old printer even though they are suppose to work. It s like they are trying to win by attrition. They seem to want us to just get so frustrated that we give up and buy a new machine.
Source(s):
[link removed per forum guidelines]

Synorman
Apprentice
I’m having the same problem. It is not my computer or tablet. My husband can’t print in color from it either. This is ridiculous. If I have to buy a new printer, why would it be cannon?

Synorman
Apprentice
Same problem

Synorman
Apprentice
I’ve done that and still no color. I even bought a new cartridge and still nothing but black

Hi Synorman,

Please remove the color ink cartridge from your PIXMA MX410.  Inspect it to make sure that there is no orange tape or cellphane on the cartridge.  Once done, please reinsert the ink cartridge back into your PIXMA MX410.

Next, please perform a test page:

1.  Press the MENU button repeatedly until MAINTENANCE is displayed in the LCD of your PIXMA MX410.

2.  Press the arrow buttons until NOZZLE CHECK is displayed in the LCD, and then press OK.

A test page will print.  Does your test page look like the example below?

If not, please perform a few cleanings.  To do this, please:

1.  Press the MENU button repeatedly until Maintenance appears.

2.  Use the arrow buttons to select CLEANING and press OK.

Once the cleaning is complete, please print another test page.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements