cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My ImageClass MF743Cdw is printed ghosted pictures, when they are in color

smyth
Apprentice

The best way I can describe my problem is that my ImageClass MF743Cdw is printing as though it's jets are misaligned (YES I know it has toner and does not have jets). However, when printing or copying anything in color my image ends up with multiple shadows, echoes, or ghosts of everything.

It is making my paperrwork blurry and incredibly hard to read. 

I have tried cleaning the rollers and the feeder. I tried the autocorrect color mismatch tool as well. I know it is not a corrupted file coming from my computer, as the missprinting happens when I use the copy function of the printer itself. I did however, uninstall and reinstall all drivers on my computer (just in case).

I also replaced all the toner cartridiges. 

I am completely stumped.

2 REPLIES 2

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Can you provide an image of a printed page as an example?

If this is a new printer, you can also contact Canon.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Darius
Whiz

Hi smyth.

If you would prefer to handle this by phone, and you are located in the U.S., Our support is available at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) Monday-Friday from 10:00 am to 6:30 pm ET, excluding holidays.

Otherwise, an example would help narrow down possible causes of the problem.

Announcements