cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mf4350d pulls 2 sheets then error.

edsmith86
Apprentice

I have an MF4350d that when printing one page always pulls 2 sheets SEPARATELY then stops with an error. Recycling the power restores operation so the paper isn't jamming.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Darius
Whiz

Hi edsmith86.

For paper feeding incorrectly in this manner, I recommend first cleaning the printer using the maintenance functions.

1. Press [Menu].

2. Press [<-] or [+>] to select <ADJUST./CLEANING>, then press [OK].

3. Load a sheet of blank LTR paper in the multi-purpose tray.

4. Press [<-] or [+>] to select <FIX. UNIT CLEANING>, then press [OK].

• Note: throw away the cleaning paper after use.

You may also wish to clean the inside using a clean, dry cloth.  Open it to where the toner is installed, pull the toner out and carefully set it aside, then wipe down the paper feed rollers inside the printer.

Also ensure that the paper in use is in the density range of 16 to 43 lb bond (60 to 163 g/m2), and in the size range of 3" x 5" to 8 1/2" x 14" (76 x 127 to 216 x 356 mm).  Papers outside of either range may not feed correctly.

If the problem persists after this, then the unit may require repair or replacement.  Since this model is past the end of its service life, Canon no longer produces replacement parts, and service may be difficult or expensive to find.  One option I can offer is the Canon Upgrade Program. The Canon Upgrade Program provides a one-time discount on the purchase of a replacement printer directly through Canon U.S.A., and comes with free ground shipping.

If you're interested, you may call one of our phone-based Canon Direct agents at (866) 443-8002. You will need to have the printer's serial number for this call; the serial number may be found on the back of or inside the front of the printer. Please keep in mind, you are under no obligation to take advantage of this offer immediately to gain the information.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Darius
Whiz

Hi edsmith86.

For paper feeding incorrectly in this manner, I recommend first cleaning the printer using the maintenance functions.

1. Press [Menu].

2. Press [<-] or [+>] to select <ADJUST./CLEANING>, then press [OK].

3. Load a sheet of blank LTR paper in the multi-purpose tray.

4. Press [<-] or [+>] to select <FIX. UNIT CLEANING>, then press [OK].

• Note: throw away the cleaning paper after use.

You may also wish to clean the inside using a clean, dry cloth.  Open it to where the toner is installed, pull the toner out and carefully set it aside, then wipe down the paper feed rollers inside the printer.

Also ensure that the paper in use is in the density range of 16 to 43 lb bond (60 to 163 g/m2), and in the size range of 3" x 5" to 8 1/2" x 14" (76 x 127 to 216 x 356 mm).  Papers outside of either range may not feed correctly.

If the problem persists after this, then the unit may require repair or replacement.  Since this model is past the end of its service life, Canon no longer produces replacement parts, and service may be difficult or expensive to find.  One option I can offer is the Canon Upgrade Program. The Canon Upgrade Program provides a one-time discount on the purchase of a replacement printer directly through Canon U.S.A., and comes with free ground shipping.

If you're interested, you may call one of our phone-based Canon Direct agents at (866) 443-8002. You will need to have the printer's serial number for this call; the serial number may be found on the back of or inside the front of the printer. Please keep in mind, you are under no obligation to take advantage of this offer immediately to gain the information.

Thank you so MUCH! First I wiped everything down inside as well as I could. Then I peplaced the toner cartrige and ran the cleaning proceedure twice. Now it prints fine.

Thanks Again

Edwin E. Smith

Announcements