cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mf Toolbox will not re- install in Windows 10 . Printer/scanner is D420.

chupacabra
Contributor

I had the MFtoolbox in windows 7, upgraded to windows 10, MFtoolbox failed to work, called Canon to help me fix this problem, they  had me uninstall the toolbox, the drivers, etc.  Fine.  Then we tried to reinstall everything.  Drivers went in fine, then the toolbox would not install.  Then we went throught the WIN drill, deleted drivers, etc for over an hour.  Then the guy told me they do not have a fix for the toolbox not installing.  Other posts on here have a work around for some printers/scanners, but the information as to what the original problems were, what operating systems they are/were using, etc. is not complete.  If the MFtool box can't be installed on my computer, all of the other work arounds are useless.  Maybe Canon is waiting for me to buy a new printer/scanner.  I will email them and tell them what kind I bought.

Woman Sad

6 REPLIES 6

blake
Apprentice
I just installed Windows 10 yesterday and had the same problem. I can print, but I have a set of files I can't scan after reinstalling everything. II would like them to at least tell us they are working on fix on their driver site!

Hi Blake.

I will be able to assist you.

So that I can best assist you, is your model number the imageCLASS D420 as well?

I look forward to your reply.  Should you need immediate assistance with this error, please contact us at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666).

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

This solution doesn't give an answer. I have the same problem on my MF4770. I uninstalled drivers, then restarted. Then I uninstalled MF toolbox, restarted. Then installed Windows 10 drivers. Then I tried installing the new MF Toolbox, but it won't install.

I can't install the mf Toolbox 4.90 under Windows 10. I get no error messages and the file appears to load. My file tree has no Canon folder yet my mf4880dw is working fine as a printer but I cannot access any scanner or fax features from the remote computer.

Having exactly the same problem; the MF Toolbox for the imageCLASS D420 will not install on a new computer with Windows 10. Setup.exe just hangs up on the "Setup status" Dialog Box.

Greg714
Apprentice

It sounds like most people are blaming Canon for this. It's Windows 10 that doesn't work. How can one call an OS an upgrade when it's not capable of doing the same thing as the version it's replacing? And this isn't a small thing. Millions are affected, including businesses.

Does anyone know if, by switching back to Windows 7, the Toolbox functions properly?

Announcements