cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mac OS Mojave and Canon MF227dw Scanning

menwithven
Apprentice

I am trying to figure out how to scan double sided through the document feeder. I've downloaded the MF scan utility and it will not find the MF220 scanner/printer, although the "MF Toolbox" can find it. Through the MF Toolbox I can bring up the scanning options, but the manual says this thing can scan double sided if sending a fax, so there's got to be a way to scan double sided?!

Is this possible? I've installed as of today (Feb 7, 2019) the most recent printer driver/utility and scanner driver/utility from the canon site and I can add the printer in my mac settings no problem, but the MF scan utility will not work.

But I guess the bigger question is double sided scanning even a possibility?

1 REPLY 1

Patrice
Whiz

Hi menwithven.

The user manual for the MF227dw also includes information for the other models in the series, including the MF229dw. While the MF227dw has the ability to print two-sided documents, and also copy 2 one-sided documents to make a two-sided document, it does not have the ability to automatically scan a two-sided document. This feature, as well as two-sided scanning and two-sided faxing, is only available with the MF229dw.

Please note that the MF227dw supports scanning with the MF Toolbox. The MF Scan Utility is not supported with this printer.

If you need any further assistance, please contact us at 1-800-OK-CANON (652-2666), Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. ET (excluding holidays). 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements