cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MFb42Cdw Color Image Class not waking up when print job sent

hokiemule
Apprentice

I searched and saw a number of posts about other printers having this problem, but none of the solutions worked for me because I can't find the settings they described. 

It appears that turning of Eco mode might solve it, but I've been unable to find that setting. 

Help, please! It's annoying to have print jobs fail because of this. And sometimes I'm not really able to go and wake it up myself. 

5 REPLIES 5

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Please provide the actual model of your printer and we'll do the best we can to help.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

That is the model number, it's MFb42Cdw. At least, that's what it says on the front of the printer and on the box. IMG_2124.jpg

Purchased from Best Buy late March/early April.

Greetings,

Thats a "6" not a "b". 

Its a little blockly looking so I see how that might be confusing. 

If the default sleep or Eco Mode settings have been changed, it might keep the printer from waking normally after a long period of inactivity. 

The second most common cause for this behavior is the network connection/configuration.  If wired or wireless, I would suggest assigning a static or reserved IP to the device.  This can be done on your router and ensures persistency (IP that doesn't change).  I haven't seen this happen on devices connected via USB.

Also check the printer's FW.  The current version as of today is v06.03.  If you are running an earlier version, consider updating.  

Last example:

When a printer goes into deep sleep, is somethimes has to be woken up manually.  Example.  Printer get used all week in the office. On Friday night after everyone goes home, the printer is not used for the weekend.  The first job sent to the printer on Monday morning might fail.  I ocassionaly have to visit the device and tap the home screen or energy saver button to wake it up.  This is pretty rare though..     

Drivers and FW:

Support | Color Laser | Color imageCLASS MF642Cdw | Canon USA

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thanks, I now see it's a 6. 

I'll get someone to help me with what you've suggested. 

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements