cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MFb42CDw prints multiple prints outs even if I want to have only 1 print out

KayokoKimura
Apprentice

All the time, it gives me many print outs unless I stop it manually. In addition, it does not print out properly. Right end is always missing. I really want to have helps for these issues. 

6 REPLIES 6

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

I know it looks like a "b" on the box, but the model of your printer is actually MF642Cdw .

Support | Color Laser | Color imageCLASS MF642Cdw | Canon USA

What OS are you using with the printer?

What application(s) are you printing from?

What driver did you install?

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

I use macOS Monterey (version 12.0.1). I tried to print out word document. I do not know about driver. I do not see in application section. In the preference of printer it says below. I wonder if it is driver or not.

KayokoKimura_0-1638722443595.png

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Please use the link I provided above.  Select MAC OS 12

Download the driver for for your printer.

Remove the device from Printer and Scanners

Restart your MAC

Run the installer and follow the prompts to install the printer and its supporting software.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

KayokoKimura
Apprentice

I installed the new version of driver and restarted. But still the same i.e. printer cannot recognized that printing was already done and right end is still missing because printing out to the right edge regardless the document is set to have margin of 0.5 inch to the right edge. 

Greetings,

My instructions were:

Download the driver

Remove the previous instance of the installed device

Restart 

Reinstall the device.

Your post states you installed the new driver and restarted...???

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~CarePaks Are Worth It

I could not find the previous driver in the "application list". I downloaded a new driver as you suggested, then restarted a computer. Both multiple copy (after printing, "print queue" is still looking for a printer and continues printing) problem and missing the right end of document  (regardless document margin setting) are persisting. Your help is greatly appreciated.

Announcements