cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MFC 4890dw wireless network problem

ngtisu
Apprentice

Hi,

My 4890dw printer has been connected to my wireless network. Unfortunately, it stopped functioning today. The wireless status reports bad wireless. However, it says it connected with an IP address. I have rebooted the router as well as the printer. I have no problems with my other wireless networking device. The printer is located 1 room away.

Please help me troubleshoot the problem?

thanks

3 REPLIES 3

Patrice
Whiz

Hi ngtisu!

I understand that this issue is frustrating and I will be glad to assist you..

How did you initially set up the wireless connection?  Did you connect with the WPS button on your router or enter the network information manually?

I look forward to your reply.

Should you need immediate assistance, please contact us at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666).

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I set up the wireless connection manually as my network SSID is hidden. my IP for the printer on my network was 192.168.1.x and now it only connects to 169.254.69.4 with the same SSID. Previously, my router recognized the printer on the network. Now it does not and would not print.

thanks

Thank you for you response.

Although the printer is one room away, there are factors that can contribute to the loss of connection, such as other electrical devices or the wall separation.  Please power off the unit and unplug it from the wall. Next, move the printer to the same room as the router and plug in and power the unit back on.  Verify the IP address by following the steps below:

1. Press the [Status Monitor/Cancel] button.
  2. Scroll to [Network Information], and then press [OK].
  3. Highlight [IPv4], and then press [OK].
  4. Highligh [IP Address], and then press [OK].
  5. Verify the IP address.

If the the network status still shows [Bad], or if the IP address does not change, we recommend that you contact our live telephone technical support at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements