cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MF8580Cdw is not scanning Error 255,0,0

RoseCen
Apprentice

Hi,

MF8580Cdw is not scanning. It has only just started producing this error everytime I follow the following instructions:

Click Scan on machine, remote, and it says waiting

On my computer I open up Toolbox and click scan B&W, it brings up Select Source: Platen Glass. No Auto Mode.

This has only started happening recently. What is the problem.

Then when I click scan. It says Error Code 255,0,0 Terminate Scanner Driver.

Very Frustrating.

Regards,

Rose

13 REPLIES 13

James_C

Hi RoseCen,

In order to properly assist you, I will just need to know what operating system you are running?  Additionally, how is the unit being connected to your system? (USB or Wireless).

Please note, Canon's Forum is not intended for immediate help, but a place to allow for the Community to give you assistance and feedback. If this is an urgent support need, please use the link below to reach our friendly Technical Support Team:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Windows 10 Home is my operating System. There are three computers connected through an ethernet. We use wireless internet.

I hope this helps.

Regards

Rose

Hi again RoseCen,

Thank you for your reply.

There is a recommended patch to install if you are having issues scanning in Windows 10.  Let's perform the following steps to download and install the scanning patch:

1.  Click HERE to launch the download and driver page.  Your operating system should automatically be detected.

2.  Under the "Drivers" tab, you will need to download and install the file Windows 32-bit & 64-bit] Patch for Network Scan, USB Scan.

3.  Attempt a scan at this point

If you continue to have difficulties, please contact our support group using the following link:

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hi RoseCen

Your information is helpful.  There is a recommended patch to install if you are having issues scanning in Windows 10.  Let's perform the following steps to download and install the scanning patch:

1.  Click HERE to launch the download and driver page.  Your operating system should automatically be detected.

2.  Under the "Drivers" tab, you will need to download and install the file Windows 32-bit & 64-bit] Patch for Network Scan, USB Scan.

3.  Attempt a scan at this point.

If you continue to have difficulties, please contact our support group using the following link:

Hey guys,

I'm having the same exact problem, just stopped working all of a sudden.

I have Windows Professsional 7, 64-bit, wireless setup.

Please help, let me know, thanks!

John-

Hi jvannghi                     

In order for us to better assist you, we will need some additional information.  Do you mind answering a few questions so we can get a better picture of your situation?

1.  Can a copy be made?

2.  Did you install using the disk or download the software from Canons website?

3.  Can you scan using the steps when you click HERE?

4.  Are you attempting to scan from the MF Toolbox software?

Please note, Canon's Forum is not intended for immediate help, but a place to allow for the Community to give you assistance and feedback. If this is an urgent support need, please use the link below to reach our friendly Technical Support Team:

Hello James,

1.  Can a copy be made?: Yes

2.  Did you install using the disk or download the software from Canons website?

***yes, i've been using it for 4-5 years now. MF Toolbox.

3.  Can you scan using the steps when you click HERE?

***I can't use MF Toolbox or direct from the scanner. "Data Transfer Occured, please check scanner status and cable connection." It's setup with for Wifi. Suddenly stopped. I scan 4-5 times a day normally with no problems.

4.  Are you attempting to scan from the MF Toolbox software?

***yes, never a problem before.

Can someone help remotely to get this fixed ASAP? If so, please call me at [Personal information removed per Community guidelines], thanks! 

forgot to mention when using MF Toolbox, error is 155,0,0

can't communicate with device, cable may be disconnected or turned off, check status, driver terminated.

Thanks!

also, printer is still connected cuz I could still print from computer.

I had this problem in the past a few years ago and don't remember what the fix was.

Thanks!

Announcements