cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MF8580CDW Color Issues

marktrombino
Contributor

Since changing the starter black toner cartridge on a brand new mf8580cdw, the color output has been crazy. Documents that are black and white are printing in random colors. If you print the same document over and over it will be differently colored each time. Sometimes it will be fine, but more than half of the time it is not.

I thought it was the new tonor cartridge so I purchased a second one, but even with that installed  the printer is still acting crazy.

I preformed a few cleaning functions on the printer. I updated the firmware. I rebooted mycomputer. Nothing has solved the issue.

I don't know what else to do. Please help.

7 REPLIES 7

Danny

Hi, marktrombino!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know exactly which operating system is running on your computer and which apps you're trying to print from. That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by, ready to help 24/7 via Email at http://bit.ly/EmailCanon or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 8 AM and 8 PM ET (5 AM to 5 PM PT).

Thanks and have a great day!

I'm running OS X 10.10.2.

So far the apps I've tried printing from that have failed are Numbers and Pages.

I should clarify that sometimes sometimes things print fine, other times the colors are wrong, and other times elements on the page are missing. I can print the same page multiple times and get different results every time. 

Hi marktrombino.

Since the error persists, after you have performed cleanings, adjustments, and replacing the toner cartridges, it is recommended that you contact our telephone technical support group.  Please call 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666), Monday - Friday, 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM EST.  A representative will be able to assist you further.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I did. And together we jumped through a lot of hoops, ultimately reinstalling the drivers on my laptop. But even that didn't resolve the issue. I'm afraid I need to have the printer serviced... it's not even a month old.

This board is as useless as your tech support. What a joke.

mjn
Apprentice

i am having the exact same issue

marktrombino
Contributor
Good luck. No one will help you here. I am still having the same issue. it starts acting up about once a month. My workaround has been to delete the printer from the print panel and reinstall it. That usually gets me up and running for a while.
Announcements