cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MF8380cdw forward fax to email function not working--canon error message 806

vegascanon702
Apprentice

Hello,

I have a canon mf8380cdw and had it set up where when a fax came in, it would forward a PDF copy as an attachment to my email. I recently had to change companies hosting my email and despite imputing the correct information (new server name, password, etc.) I get error message #806 as to why it isn't forwarding the fax to my email. My email hosting company isn't very helpful and I am stumped.

1 REPLY 1

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Sounds like you are familiar with the requirements. The #806 error is a communication failure. This indicates your mailserver, username, password, port and/or protocol or incorrect. Note, a printer this old might not support modern authentication. If the new email hosting service requires this for relay, it might not be possible to configure due to security requirements. Your email hosting service should be able to provide their requirements allowing you to determine if the configuration is possible.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements