cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MF264dw whining noise in energy saver mode

jruthe
Apprentice

I just received an MF264dw and am having an issue where I hear a high pitched whining noise while the printer is in Energy Save mode. As soon as I wake the printer up or turn power off to the printer the noise goes away. Has any one had this issue/is there a way to fix it so there isnt' a whining noise in energy saver mode? I've tried to just disable energy save mode but it doesn't seem like that's possible.

3 REPLIES 3

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Move the printer to a different outlet in the house.  Power up and wait for energy saver mode.  If it whines again, replace it. 

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Darius
Whiz

Hi jruthe.

In the case that changing to a different working power outlet does not correct the problem, please contact us using the numbers and information at http://Canon.us/ContactLI for troubleshooting and, if necessary, to arrange service.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

JoyMas27
Apprentice

My MP11DX also has a very annoying sound when it goes to sleep. It even makes the noise if I leave it plugged in and turn it off. Only time not making the noise is when it is active or unplugged. Cost too much to just throw out, but very annoying. I tried the new outlet, and it did the same thing. Why would it also buzz when it is turned off?

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements