cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MF743cdw - Randomly Printing Large Grey Chevron

thesonofdarwin
Apprentice

Once or twice a week, my MF743cdw will start up and print all on its own. The printout is always a single page that contains a very large, grey chevron that spans the entire page. Is there a reason this is occurring and a way to stop it? I'd like to not waste a few pieces of paper each week because the printer is bored and wants to print something on its own.

I have verified the printer logs and no files are being sent to the printer, so it is doing it on its own.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Darius
Whiz

Hi thesonofdarwin.

The Chevron is most likely the automatic fixing assembly cleaning.  The setting may be changed using the following menu options:

<Menu>  <Adjustment/Maintenance>  <Adjust Image Quality>  <Special Processing>  <Auto Clean Fixing Assembly>  <On/Off>  <Yes>  Set available paper sources to <On>  <Apply>

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Darius
Whiz

Hi thesonofdarwin.

The Chevron is most likely the automatic fixing assembly cleaning.  The setting may be changed using the following menu options:

<Menu>  <Adjustment/Maintenance>  <Adjust Image Quality>  <Special Processing>  <Auto Clean Fixing Assembly>  <On/Off>  <Yes>  Set available paper sources to <On>  <Apply>

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thank you. I did find that this option mentioned it would occasionally use paper, so I disabled it yesterday. Marking solved and will report back if it happens again.

It is a bit frustrating, however, that it performs this cleaning so frequently. I would like to leave this setting On. However, currently we are only printing at most 15 pages per week and this cleaning occurs at least once, usually twice a week. Is this time based instead of use-based?

Announcements