cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MF743Cdw printer serial number not accepted for registration

scottmeder
Apprentice

I bought a MF743Cdw printer.  I tried to register it and it won't accept the serial number.  The number I am inputting is correct.  I need printer software for my mac and it will not download due to serial number.

4 REPLIES 4

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

From the right, count back 10 spaces, then enter just those last 10 characters (letters/numbers) and let us know if that works.  S/N: xxxx[xxxxxxxxxx] Look carefully.  Zeros "0" can look like Oh's "O"  😀

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

dryadsdad
Contributor

I'm in the same position. I was concerned that I got stuck with a gray market printer but the box boasts about support from the USA so that seems contrary to my concern. I also cannot sign in to my usual Canon account instead getting an error message that I'm not authorized.  I also get an error message trying to set up the API when logging into the printer using its IP. This purchase as well as this Web system has been a nightmarish experience. 

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Respectfully, your issues sound very different.

-Can't log into My Canon

-Cannot log into the printer's websever

The OP is having issues entering his serial number.

I might suggest that you start your own thread so it gets its own visability.

Provide the model of your product (743cdw)?

Connection method?

OS (Windows, MAC, build, version)

IP address of device confirmed, how?

Browser you are using, tried another, etc.

For My Canon:

Log in uses an email address and password.  You can use the forgot password link if you forgot your password.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

dryadsdad
Contributor

Thanks, I will. I have stated one problem, the serial number, which is a 1:1 correlation to the OP. The printer is the MF641Cw and the serial number is clearly on the printer but does not conform to the alphanumeric format the Web form demands. 

Announcements