cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MF743Cdw newbie

BadWolfe
Contributor

I can't seem to find out what the extra plastic "guide" but not where to use it.  (I realize this is a newbie question and am embarrassed to ask the forum)

Presentation1.jpg

6 REPLIES 6

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

This is probably a cover for the paper tray when you have Legal size paper installed.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thanks for the response shadowsports.  That does make sense and thank you for that.

It is curious that I can't find a single reference to it in any part of the product or manual.  Unless I have missed it somewhere.

There is no reference for it, and you aren't the first one to ask.  Man Wink

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Hello Badwolfe,

That part is the cover for the paper drawer. It is used when the tray is extended for longer sheets of paper. You can view how lo attach the cover using manual link HERE.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

toby100
Apprentice

Hi , that extra piece is for adding the additional cassette, if you decide to get one, it will take up the gap that will be caused by adding the cassette 

How interesting. That really does make sense for its size and shape.

Announcements