cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 11 and MF 8280CW printer

wmawebb
Apprentice

I have a new Dell XPS 15 laptop with Windows 11 Home edition.  My MF 8280CW printer will not print from this computer.  It prints with Windows 10 on a Dell Latitude laptop.  I have been unable to find appropriate drivers.  Help.

8 REPLIES 8

GrandmaR
Apprentice

Try turning on your printer before you boot up your computer.

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Wmawebb,

If you are using Windows 11, you can download and install the recommended drivers on our site for Windows 10 and they will work. You can download and install the imageCLASS MF8280Cw MFDrivers (UFR II / FAX / ScanGear) from the link HERE. Once you have downloaded and installed the drivers, you should be able to use the MF8280Cw from your computer.

wmawebb
Apprentice

I downloaded the drivers, but my computer will not recognize the printer.  I am connecting to the printer by a USB to C adapter.  My computer has only US C ports.  Is there way around this?

wmawebb
Apprentice

I have downloaded the drivers but the printer will still not print.  A Dell technician could not get it to print.  We tried to print a test page, but we get an error message that the printer cannot print.  Now what?

Hello Wmawebb,

If you are using an adapter, it could be causing the issue. In that situation, you can try using a A to C USB cable or checking with the company that made the computer for any connection suggestions. If changing the connection does not resolve the issue, I would suggest contacting our support team at 1-800-652-2666. Our agents would be happy to assist with issue.

Seriously, try turning on your printer before you boot up your computer. I found a couple of paragraphs on a Microsoft website which implied that it would work, and it works every time for me. I know it sounds stupid, but try it.

Yes, the adapter can be the problem. Get an A-to-C cable.

wmawebb
Apprentice

I have tried that.  Still no luck.

click here to view the gallery
Announcements