cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Colors (Color ImageClass MF743Cdw)

Grupet
Apprentice

I bought this printer a month ago. I do graphic design and wanted a laser printer to be able to print out my designs and be able to get an idea of what the designs would look like in real life. I use to rent an office (I now moved back home) where they had an office laser printer that I used for the same thing and the quality was great. But man was I in for a surprise when I printed one of my designs on this new Canon printer. The colors look horrible. All my designs looks flat. Almost like it is out of toner (which it's not!) I even printed out some of the older designs, so I could compare them to the printer at the my old rented office, and it's like day and night. I'm soooooo disapointed. Is this printer really that horrible at printing colors?????

3 REPLIES 3

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Grupet,

We would be happy to assist with the issue. To provide some feedback or some troubleshooting steps, we would need some additional information. If you could reply to this message with the information below, we can provide some assistance. For a more immediate resolution, feel free to contact support at 1-800-652-2666. Our agents would be happy to help.

1. What type of paper are you printing on?
  2. What version of the Mac or Windows operating system are you using on your computer?
  3. What program are you printing from and what paper type and image settings are you using?
  4. Can you provide a sample image of the issue? If so, you can post it in this forum thread so we can check for any specific issues.

So I'm still having so many issues with the printer quality. Now I have to go to another office to borrow their printer just to get an idea of what my design looks like. I now only use the expensive Canon printer for printing emails and b/w documents. What a disaster it is and have been.

1. I have tried all kinds of paper. Normal printer paper, Premium printer paper, glossy printer paper, photo printer paper and nothing helps.

2. I'm using Mac OS 12.3.1

3. From Gmail, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, Acrobat PDF etc. I have tried all the settings there is and all with the same horrible result.

4. Yes, see attached samples. It's pretty easy to tell which one is from the other office and which one is from my Canon printer.print1.jpgprint2.jpg

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Grupet,

To improve the print quality of the images, you can try adjusting the print gradation using the steps in the link HERE. If that does not work you can try switching the print mode between high/low humidity mode using the steps in the link HERE. If that does not resolve the issue, I would suggest contacting support at 1-800-652-2666. Our agents would be happy to assist with adjusting the print quality.

Announcements