cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MF743Cdw - Scanning as PDF issues

SuzanneB1
Apprentice

Hi,

Just purchased this all-in-one printer and I've spent already a lot of time on it to set it up.

I'm trying to scan from the machine into my computer as a PDF. 

The scanner does its job but the file is sent as an Image not a PDF!  Need the pdf version of the simple page i'm scanning.

I went into the Remote UI already and all settings show as PDF.

I dont' know what else to do!

Any ideas/help would be MUCH appreciated!

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Darius,

If I remember correctly, I had managed to scan to email into Outlook, after much effort.

My main email is with Yahoo and that did not work.

Anyway, thank you for the response. Appreciate it.

Suzanne

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

rs-eos
Elite
Elite

What operating system are you using?

And are you sure it's not a PDF?  Note that many (most?) scanners that produce PDF will basically just be an image within itself.  Versus doing OCR (optical character recognition) to turn any text into text elements.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

Greetings,

Check settings in the MF Scan Utility.  I suspect this is not set to .PDF.

https://oip.manual.canon/USRMA-3547-zz-SSM-740-enUS/contents/devu-scan-basicope-pc_save.html#0604_h1...

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Hi Shadowsports,

I searched and searched yesterday, and finally found it. It was indeed in MF Scan Utility!

You were right!

I still have have problems though, with email.  I go to the MF Scan Utility, press the email button. 

It scans, but then where does it go? Nothing shows up or anything..

Same problem if I try emailing from the machine itself. It scans, it says 'sending' but then it prints out an Error report with no details. And nothings shows up in my email obviously.

And i did setup my email in the Remote UI.

Any ideas ?

Thanks again

Hi SuzanneB1.

The "Email" button in the MF Scan Utility is designed to scan to an email program on your computer.  If one is not installed to the computer itself, or integrated with the operating system, and has not been assigned in the MF Scan Utility settings, then it will scan to the default folder (Documents or Pictures).

The Scan to Email function on the MF743Cdw's operation panel is designed to send a scanned file to a shared network folder, file server, or an email address. It requires the printer to be set up with appropriate network or internet-provided resources (i.e. an internet-based POP mailbox, an SNMP server, etc.).

If this answered your question, please click the Accept as Solution button, so others might find the answer.

Hi Darius,

If I remember correctly, I had managed to scan to email into Outlook, after much effort.

My main email is with Yahoo and that did not work.

Anyway, thank you for the response. Appreciate it.

Suzanne

Hi Suzanne:

I'm attempting to set-up my imageCLASS printer to scan to my Hotmail account.

Any chance you could share how you got your scan to Outlook to work?

Thanks,

D'Arcy

Hi D-Train,

I just looked (I don't use that function) and it appears that it is within the 'Scan MF Scan Utility' thing. You need to have that installed on your computer.

I put a little instructions pdf here:  https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1Nxkl7H0yIievkhW9Y4Tpjv2KI0RDGcok?usp=sharing

Hope this helps

-SB1

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements