cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MF743Cdw Fan Running Continuously

binarysamurai
Contributor

I recently purchased a imageClass 743Cdw and noticed that the fan runs continiously even in sleep mode. similiar to MF733Cdw Fan Running Continuously post. Unfortunately that post ends with no useful information and an EcoStar device should not be really running a fan continously when in sleep mode. How do I get the fan to stop short of turning off the power?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Danny,

Thanks but there is no document referencing anything about sleep mode or fans in the knowledge base and the support team couldn't provide any more detail other than update firmware (which I have already done). I can't even get some one to tell me if this is by design (expected behavior) or is an anomaly. So I guess i will just return the device then.

View solution in original post

We tried one last effort - resetting the machine to factory settings. While I lost all my settings and will have to put them in again, the fan stopped running. Obviously there is a software bug in there and I am hoping that one of the options I setup previously is not going to cause the fan to run again - but for now it is fixed.

I should also mention that the gentleman on the support line was great.

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15

binarysamurai
Contributor
Anybody have any feedback to give?

Hi, binarysamurai!

Thanks for posting on our forum! This community is designed for your fellow Canon owners to help each other out with any problems they may encounter. If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Thanks and have a great day!

Danny,

Thanks but there is no document referencing anything about sleep mode or fans in the knowledge base and the support team couldn't provide any more detail other than update firmware (which I have already done). I can't even get some one to tell me if this is by design (expected behavior) or is an anomaly. So I guess i will just return the device then.

I am having the same problem and it appears to be related to the fax function. As I use the fax VERY infrequently I just need to find a way to tell it not to wait to receive faxes all of the time. (At least I think this is the issue since it wasn't doing this until after I turned on the fax function.)

Besides the energy wasting and the noise it just doesn't seem that a machne waiting to be awakened by a phone call should need to run a fan constantly.

Any solution? Thanks.

Hi HBerkley.

The fax function should not cause the fan to run continuously. There are a couple of other settings that you can check. They are the Auto Adjust Image Setting and High Humidity Mode setting. To disable these settings, please follow the steps below:

Auto Adjust Image Regularly

<Menu>  <Adjustment/Maintenance>  <Adjust Image Quality>  <Auto Correction Settings>  <Auto Adjust Image Regularly>  Select <Off>   

High Humidity Mode

<Menu>  <Adjustment/Maintenance>  <Adjust Image Quality>  <Special Processing>  <High Humidity Mode>  <Off>  <Yes>  

If you continue to experience an issue with the printer, please call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (652-2666), Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. ET (excluding holidays).

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Neither of those settings were on and the problem still exists. Spent time ith support on the phone and they have concluded that there is something wrong with my month old device. Now to get it fixed! (or more likely have them replace the device.)

We tried one last effort - resetting the machine to factory settings. While I lost all my settings and will have to put them in again, the fan stopped running. Obviously there is a software bug in there and I am hoping that one of the options I setup previously is not going to cause the fan to run again - but for now it is fixed.

I should also mention that the gentleman on the support line was great.

binarysamurai
Contributor
HBerkley,

You hit the nail on the head! The suggestion to reset to factory defaults is the solution. I performed the same steps as you suggested and then re-setup the device (including manual fax rx) and the printer is on and sleeping without a single whir our fan noise to be found.

I have tried initilazing all settings and setting the fax to manual receive through the setup guide but the fan keeps spinng 24/7. Are there any other settings I could try.

I have a MF743Cdw purchased in June 2019 and upgraded to the latest firmware.

Announcements