cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MF743Cdw Color Scanning

pcmdofkc
Apprentice

Set up a new MF743Cdw today and discovered that not matter how I set up scanning, scanning in color creates a pdf file for each document scanned.  Scanning multiple documents in B & W creates a single multi-page pdf.  I tried creating a custom scan profile, duplicating the B & W settings which acted the same as the default B & W scan function. I  then changed the B & W setting to Color and again scanning multiple documents resulted in multiple pdf files.  My users require the color scanning to work the same way as the B & W.  Seems to be a bug in the firmware and although I like the printer, this will be a deal breaker, back it goes unless someone has a fix.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Been through all of this.  As soon as you change any setting from B&W to Color, the machine creates multiple JPGs instead of PDFs.  The machine was returned to the Canon dealer for repairs.  They confirmed it was a defective machine.  Waiting on word of whether it will be replaced or re[paired.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Pcmdofkc,

We would be happy to assist with the issue. To provide some feedback or some troubleshooting steps, we would need some additional information. If you could reply to this message with the information below, we can provide some assistance.

1. What version of the Mac or Windows operating system are you using on your computer?
  2. Are you starting the scan from the operation panel or are you starting the scan from the computer?

Hi Hector,  Windows 10 Pro 21H2, scanning from the operation panel.  I believe we have determined the logic board is defective on this particular printer as an identical MF743Cdw installed on the same network and on the same computers works as it is supposed to.  The original printer in question is now also showing degradation in scan quality both in b&w and in color. 

Hello, 

If you are scanning from the operation panel on the MF743Cdw and you have Windows 10. You can use the MFscan utility on the computer to configure the scan and save settings for the MF743Cdw. You can change the color options and the file type for the scans. You can view the settings for the scan utility using the steps in the link HERE.

Been through all of this.  As soon as you change any setting from B&W to Color, the machine creates multiple JPGs instead of PDFs.  The machine was returned to the Canon dealer for repairs.  They confirmed it was a defective machine.  Waiting on word of whether it will be replaced or re[paired.

Announcements