cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MF741Cdw - Scanning to Gmail account using App Password not working

KruiserIV
Apprentice

I'm attempting to scan documents to my gmail account using.  I created a new gmail account solely for my Canon MFD.  I setup an App Password solely for the Canon MFD.  I've tried various settings in various configurations, and I keep getting error messages (753, 841, 806) and I've taken each action as directed by the error message displayed on the Canon MFD. 

Can anyone please point me to a single set of directions that will allow for the scanning of documents to a gmail account?  I'm on hold with Canon Support now w/ an estimated wait time of no less than 30 minutes.

Below are my Remote UI settings.  Current SMTP port setting is 587 but I believe I tried 456 or something similar earlier based on different instructions.  I'm at a complete loss on how to get set this up.  Any help appreciated.

KruiserIV_0-1658948316980.png

KruiserIV_1-1658948652421.png

2 REPLIES 2

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello KruiserIV,

The set of error codes that you are getting point to the scanner being denied access when attempting to connect to your mail server. In this situation, I would suggest speaking with support over the phone at 1-800-652-2666. Our agents would be happy to check what security setting or configuration issues are causing those errors.

RobinsonPRNT
Apprentice

Check to make sure that your Gmail account has "less secure apps" enabled.  https://support.google.com/a/answer/6260879?hl=en#:~:text=How%20to%20Enable%20less%20Secure%20Apps%2....

Announcements