cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MF741Cdw ADF Manual Duplex Scanning (MF Scan Utility)

cedgex
Apprentice

Hi,

I have checked instructions and everywhere on the web but I cannot find any directions on how to scan manually 2 sides of a paper.

On my previous canon printer AIO MX472, I could select "Document (ADF manual duplex)" to manually scan 2 sides of a document but for this Canon printer AIO MF741, my scanner utility gives me only 3 choices: Auto Mode, Platen or Feeder, and no option to do a manual duplex scan.

Example here (Canon IJ Scan Utility):

https://ugp01.c-ij.com/ij/webmanual/ScanUtility/M/MX920%20series/1.1/EN/SU/Su-009.html

Can you please help and tell me how to scan manually 2 sides of documents?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

Darius
Whiz

Hi cedgex.

The MX472 and MF741Cdw are designed for different foci.  As such, the scanning software for the MF741Cdw displays options differently.  Rather than specifying for two-sided/duplex scanning, it specifies for one-sided/simplex scanning.  You'll want to check the MF Scan Utility for the option to [Scan both sides when scanning from the feeder]

You may also use the Check Scan Results option in the Save section in order to make sure page order and rotation are correct.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hi Darius and thanks for your reply.

My MF741Cdw does not have this option "Scan both sides when scanning from the feeder" anywhere in the MF Scan Utility. As a reminder, I am looking for a way to do a manual duplex scanning (not automated as it is not a feature of my printer).

You can see the screenshots of my MF Scan Utility which does not have any option whatsoever for manual duplex scanning via the feeder.

https://imgur.com/a/uAQVEM5

Hi cedgex.

If the MF Scan Utility isn't giving the option of "Scan Both Sides when scanning from the feeder," then two-sided scanning will require use of the platen.  Scan the first page, and when it's complete, flip to the second page, select Scan Next page, and so on.  Once all pages have been scanned, press Finish, and the scan will be sent to the computer.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hi Darius and thanks for your reply.

I can't believe this option is not available for my printer knowing this is a software feature and not a hardware one.

If I have a document a 200 pages, I would have to open the platen, scan the first page, then flip the page, scan the second page, and then remove the page, take the next one, re-do 200 times. Unbelievable...

Is there anywhere I could submit a request to ask this feature of MF Scan Utility for my printer?

Announcements