cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MF733cdw Toner Running Out Quickly - 0%

jeffmilos
Apprentice

We purcahsed an MF733cdw. I know the cartridges that come with it tend to run out quickly We bought a replacement last April (Canon 046), and since that time have printed MAYBE 1,000 pages. Most of these are shipping labels. I started getting gray edges, and rotated the toner cartridge, which helped a little. The Consumables menu and printout lists all toner cartridges being at 0%. There's no way we could have used all that toner. Is there a way to reset or retest the percentage of toner left?

1 REPLY 1

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

There isn't a way for us to speculate on the amount of toner you are using or have remaining without physical inspection.  Yield is based largely on percentage of coverage over a number of pages.  There is also no way to reset or re-calibrate toner percentage.  The printer reads remaining capacity electronically.

What I recommend.  Turn the printer off, remove the toner(s) holding them horizontally.  Shake side to side gently.  Might be a good idea to do this outside as sometimes toner dust spills and makes a mess.  Latex glove are also a good idea.  Don't get it on your clothes either.  Now reseat and power on.    

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements