cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MF733Cdw scan feeder declares "paper jammed"... but it isn't jammed

jscud
Apprentice

When I use the sheet feeder to try to scan with my MF733Cdw, the first sheet is fed in smoothly, scanned, and almost ejected normally. I say "almost" because the original is still gently held by the rollers, just the last couple of mm are still gripped and it's easy to pull free with only the gentlest tug. However, the display declares "Paper jammed" and walks me through the procedure to clear the feeder. I do the procedure (there is nothing jammed in it), which clears the error condition. However, the condition always recurs as described. 

I'm guessing some sensor in the feeder is falsely reporting there's paper still present. The only sensors I can see are the two levers that are exposed when the feeder cover is opened; they seem to operate fine.

In addition to following the built-in procedure to clear the feeder, and the procedure given at https://oip.manual.canon/USRMA-1738-zz-SS-enUS/contents/SS735_troubleshooting_0266.html#1115_h1_01 I've also tried power-cycling the unit, to no avail.

The only way I can scan is by placing originals on the platen, which is obviously not so great. Any suggestions? Thanks.

0 REPLIES 0
Announcements