cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MF733CDw paper jam

fctrvlr
Apprentice

My new, MF733CDw printer had a paper jam, I cleared the paper following the instructions on the screen, but the onscreen instructions still has the "Paper jammed" scree on.  I have followed the instructions several time, still the same; shutdown, restarted, went through instructions again, still the same; shut down, unplugged, restarted, . . .  still the same; searched for new firmware, updated,  . . . . still the same.  UGH!

Suggestions please!

13 REPLIES 13

Sonya1
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello fctrvlr,

I understand you your Color imageCLASS MF733Cdw still displays a paper jam error.  If you have checked the entire paper feed path for obstructions using steps similar to the instructions at this LINK, to ensure we are on the same page (and clear the error), I suggest you reset your MF733Cdw using these steps:

1.  Turn the printer off with the Power button.

2.  Disconnect the data cable from the printer (not applicable for WiFi connection).

3.  Unplug the printer's power cord for at least 20 minutes, and then plug it back in. This provides enough time for any stored voltage to dissipate to ground.

Note: If the power cord is plugged into a surge protector, it may be necessary (for testing purposes) to plug the cord directly into the wall outlet if possible.

4.  Reconnect the data cable to the printer (not applicable for WiFi connection).

5.  Turn the printer back on.

6.  Retry the operation.

If you need immediate assistance and you're in the USA, please click http://Canon.us/ContactCF for our US-based support. If you're outside of the US, please click http://Canon.us/4xf7 for support options.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

solved, thank you

I just received my new MF733cdw today and connected it via LAN; when I printed a file of 4 pages, an error after the 1st page indicated a Paper Jam, but there in no paper jam, becuse once I pushed [Next] the 2nd page printed.

No please forgive me for saying this; If Canoin know about this problem, why there is no Firmware updated to fix it, and YES, I did go to the Firmware option and updated it but still the error presists.... Please HELP - it's a shame to just unpack a new printer, connect it and find an issue with it... it's unlike Canon.

Regards,

Abe

Hi Abe.

If the instructions above did not resolve the issue, then there may be another issue with the printer. It is recommended that you call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (652-2666), Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. ET (excluding holidays). 

The support representative can perform additional troubleshooting steps to try and resolve the issue. These steps need to be provided by phone with a technician assisting you through them.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hi Patric,

Thank for the prompt reply - I did call Canon Support and it was determined the printer tray sensor is at fault (might be due to rough handling or misaligned). At any case, I requested a replacement and the new one is working like a charm, Thanks!

One question - Why it is hard to find where one can print "Last Page First" on MF733cdw? and if it is not possible, then why?  

I just hung up the phone with Canon Support indicating that this printer does not have the option to print "Last Page First", I CAN'T BELIEVE IT - Please have engineering update its driver to allow for this option.

Imagine, you have a 50-Page document, you would have to sit and rearrange the pages one-by-one, and Lord help you if you need 15 copies of the same document.... you see what I mean...Please HELP!

Hi Abeiis.

Thank you for your feedback. I have forwarded your suggestion to our customer feedback group.

If you have any other questions, please call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (652-2666), Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. ET (excluding holidays).

I have been through the steps outlined, including the restart, but the jam did not clear.  Is there anything else I can do?

Announcements