cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MF733CDW - Cannot scan from ADF

bb76
Apprentice

Greetings Canon community,

I bought an MF733CDW printer from Amazon, perhaps not even a year ago.  The ADF used to work however it no longer seems to!

I have:

- Made sure the paper guides are set to the width of the 8 1/2 x 11 paper sheet I am feeding it

- Performed a custom scan from the software - all it does is to say to place originals in the feeder

- Confirmed that the ADF at least sees the paper.  I know this because I get prompted on the printer for paper size and stock, after which, the web GUI status page then shows that there is letter size paper in the feeder.

I do have zonealarm extreme security with paranoid settings with prompting enabled (it's amazing how many apps want to connect to the internet that do not need to) however I negated all firewall and application controls for my testing so that it was not a factor.

Any advice would be welcomed.
TIA!

2 REPLIES 2

Sonya1
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi TIA,

Welcome to our Canon Forum! 

If you are able to make a copy using the ADF, the the ADF on your Color imageCLASS MF733Cdw is still working.  Your antivirus/firewall software maybe preventing the software from communicating with your MF733Cdw like it used to or a setting may need to be changed in your scanning software.  So that we can assist you with restoring your ability to scan using the ADF on your MF733Cdw, please contact our support group at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) Monday-Friday from 10:00 am to 6:30 pm ET, excluding holidays.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hi Sonya,

I specifically stated that i negated the firewall, application, AND antivirus real-time monitoring in Windows, so it is NOT an issue in my case.  Moreover, when I try a scan from the ADF directly on the device, after asking for paper size, it just sits there and the wait icon spins until the job times out. perhaps 1/2 to 1 minute later.  The paper pickup rollers never seem to engage like it used to when the printer was new.  I haven't had this printer very long and the reviews were very good on it  I was hoping this one could last me a decade or more into the future as my kids go on to high school and such and was tired of replacing inkjet after inkjet.  Perhaps I made an error?

Announcements