cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MF733 no scanner utility

jkconsult
Apprentice

Since I recently installed this printer on my Dell All in One, I cannot get the scanner utility to show after installing the Canon drivers. The only thing that shows is the MF Network Scanner Selector, which shows it selected, but I still have no way to actually scan. The machine I previously had showed a scan utility in the Start menu. I am running Windows 10 version 1903. I downloaded these drivers from the Canon site today, of which it says Scan Gear is included and I had the Scan driver checked when installing.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Patrice
Whiz

HI jkconsult.

It is unclear as to why the MF Scan Utility program is not installing. Sometimes a computer security program can cause issues with the installation. If you have any antivirus/ firewall programs installed on your computer, please disable them temporarily, and then perform the setup again. 

If the issue persists, please call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (652-2666), Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. ET (excluding holidays).

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Patrice
Whiz

HI jkconsult.

It is unclear as to why the MF Scan Utility program is not installing. Sometimes a computer security program can cause issues with the installation. If you have any antivirus/ firewall programs installed on your computer, please disable them temporarily, and then perform the setup again. 

If the issue persists, please call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (652-2666), Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. ET (excluding holidays).

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
click here to view the gallery
Announcements