cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MF733 does not print or scan unless I completely shutdown unit

lsgoksel
Apprentice

Hi, I have an MF733 and it was working fine for about 6 months, always kept the unit on.  Never had issues scanning or printing wirelessly or from a phone.  Now the unit does not work unless I completely turn off the printer and turn it back on.

I have updated the drivers on my PC but since my phone is having issues with the printer as well, can anyone suggest a fix?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

Darius
Whiz

Hi Isgoksel.

Next time this problem happens, before restarting the computer, try using the printer's PING command to ping the computer's IP address, and vice versa.

If the printer and computer are unable to ping each other on the network, then a setting on the router is causing the printer and computer to lose each other; check your DHCP settings to see how often IP addresses are reassigned.

If this is happening when the printer is in Sleep Mode, set the Wireless settings' Power Saver mode to On.

<Menu>  <Preferences>  <Network>  <Wireless LAN Settings>  Read the displayed message  <OK>  <Power Save Mode>  Select <Off> or <On>  

If you need immediate assistance with this issue, please contact us using the numbers and information at http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I'm having this problem too. I checked power save mode, and it is on. I constantly have to reboot the printer to make it work on the network. Wireless LAN status is good, and I spent more than an hour on the phone with Canon support updating drivers and software. It's still happening. When I scan to computer from the scanner, often there is more than one computer listed with the same name; sometimes I'm able to get one out of the two to work. How can I fix this?

Announcements