cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MF726cdw printing horizontal yellow lines

C_Tichy
Apprentice

I have a MF726cdw that has been working great until recently, it is now printing two horizontal laser straight lines across the page. the first aprox 3 to 4 inches from the top, then the next is 3 to 4 inches from the first.

Any ideas??

Thanks

CT

Technician

Sharp, Kyocera/Mita, Konica/Minolta

Ricoh, Samsung

Canon? Not so much

2 REPLIES 2

Patrice
Whiz

Hi C_Tichy.

Please perform a couple of printings of the fixing unit and transfer belt by following the instructions below:

Fixing Unit

1. Press  and tap <Menu>.

2. Tap <Adjustment/Maintenance>.

3. Tap <Clean Fixing Assembly>.

4. Read the message that is displayed, and tap <OK>.

5. Tap <Start>.

• Cleaning starts. When the <Finished.> message is displayed approximately 1 minute later, press  to return to the <Home> Screen.

Transfer Belt

1. Press  and tap <Menu>.

2. Tap <Adjustment/Maintenance>.

3. Tap <Clean ITB>.

4. Tap <Start>.

• Cleaning starts. When the <Finished.> message is displayed approximately 1 to 2 minutes later, press  to return to the <Home> Screen.

If the issue persists, after performing the cleanings, please call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (652-2666), Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. ET (excluding holidays).

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

This wasn't the answer. But I did figure it out.
I should have mentioned the yellow lines didn't appear until after I changed all of the color image units. As a tech, I should have known based on the aprox. 3" spacing of the lines, it was a bad image unit. There is a faint scratch/abrasion along the length of the drum in the yellow image unit. Also the fact that I am familiar with HP products, I should have never asked.
But Thank You for your suggestion.
Announcements