cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MF726cdw False Paper Jam and paper will not feed and print out

shark1300
Apprentice

I have a year old MF726cdw printer that has previously worked great until now. I try make a copy or print from my computer but the paper will not go through the printer. It gets stuck just leaving the paper tray or as it feeds up throught the double sided paper feed in the back of the printer. I follow the jam instructions, take out the paper and try again, but it justs keeps jamming in the same spots. I have blown out the entire paper path through the printer using 125 psi compressed air to try to clear out any paper pieces that may be stuck somewhere, but no pieces come out. I tried to run the "clean fixing system" but the paper will not feed through and gets stuck in these same 2 places. I tried to run the "clean feeder" but it will not run. I have not printed a lot of pages, so I really frustrated by this continuing proplem. Can anyone suggest a fix? 

2 REPLIES 2

Sonya1
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello shark1300,

I understand your Color imageCLASS MF726Cdw will no longer feed paper and displays a paper jam error.  If you have already checked the paper feed path for obstructions using steps similar to the instructions at this LINK, then I suggest you reset the printer.  By resetting the printer's power, the print buffer is cleared and certain sensors are reset. Follow these steps to reset the printer:

1.  Turn the printer off with the Power button.

2.  Disconnect the data cable from the printer (not applicable for WiFi connection).

3.  Unplug the printer's power cord for at least ten minutes, and then plug it back in.  This provides enough time for any stored voltage to dissipate to ground.

Note: If the power cord is plugged into a surge protector, it may be necessary (for testing purposes) to plug the cord directly into the wall outlet if possible.

4.  Reconnect the data cable to the printer (not applicable for WiFi connection).

5.  Turn the printer back on.

6.  Retry the operation.

If the issue persists, I recommend contacting us at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) for further assistance.  I understand that the forum may be your preferred method of communication; however, speaking with our telephone technical support group will be very beneficial in this case.

If you're outside of the US, please click http://Canon.us/4xf7 for support options.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hi Sonya1,

Thanks for your reply and suggestions. I tried all you suggested and the problem does not get fixed. I called Canon and they told me there is probably a faulty paper jam sensor and suggested I bring it to a repair center. There is no repair center near me, so I guess I won't be able to get this to work again.

Best.

Shark1300

Announcements