cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MF644Cdw On Mac Sierra: Change Scan Destination Folder

dws2006
Contributor

System description: MF644Cdw connected to a Mac Mini running Sierra 10.12.6

Anyone know of a way to change the the destination folder for scans run from the scanner touch screen (scan to computer)? I know you can change the destination folder using the Canon MF Scanner Utility on the computer but this does not change the destination folder when scanning from the touch screen. I've also tried to change it using the Remote UI website without luck. Any help is appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Darius
Whiz

Hi dws2006

The destination when scanning from the MF644Cdw's operation panel is controlled in the MF Scan Utility.  Open the MF Scan Utility, then select the second tab at the top of the settings window (illustrated below).

MF Scan Utility Settings, second tab

The settings for each option will need to be changed and set individually.  Once you've changed a folder for one of the options, click OK, and then repeat as necessary for any additional scan types for which you wish to change the settings.

If you need immediate assistance with this issue, please call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (652-2666), Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. ET (excluding holidays).

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Darius
Whiz

Hi dws2006

The destination when scanning from the MF644Cdw's operation panel is controlled in the MF Scan Utility.  Open the MF Scan Utility, then select the second tab at the top of the settings window (illustrated below).

MF Scan Utility Settings, second tab

The settings for each option will need to be changed and set individually.  Once you've changed a folder for one of the options, click OK, and then repeat as necessary for any additional scan types for which you wish to change the settings.

If you need immediate assistance with this issue, please call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (652-2666), Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. ET (excluding holidays).

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thank you Darius, that's exactly what I was looking for. Feel kinda dumb I didn't find it myself.

This doesn't change the default on the printer. Scanning from the device still sends it to Users folder. How do you change it from web portal, aside from registering a shared folder?

I was using the first (computer) icon instead of the middle one.

But it would be nice to be able to configure in web portal -- is there a way?

Announcements