cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MF644CDW Terrible Streaking Issue

JasonLP
Apprentice

For the past three days, all printed pages have had horrible streaking/smudges. I attempted to clean the fixing assembly several times, but this has had no effect at all. The toners are all at least at the 90% mark.

See the attached photo of a printed page as an example. It appears that about 1.5" on the side is free of this smudging, but the rest of the page is affected.

Is there anything else I can try?

IMG_20210423_024640.jpg

2 REPLIES 2

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Are you using Canon branded toners?

Something is dirty and transferring this excess to the printed pages.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello JasonLP,

If you have already cleaded the fixing assembly and the qualiy has not improved, you can also try cleaning the image transfer belt using the steps in the link porvided HERE. 

If cleaning the ITB did not improve the print quality, it looks like there is something wrong with the toner cartridge or there is something wrong with the hardware. In that situation, I would suggest contacting support at 1-800-652-2666, our agents would be happy to assist and can provide any available service options.

Announcements