cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MF644CDW HOW TO REMOVE AND REPLACE THE TRANSFER BELT ASSEMBLY

knoxduder
Apprentice

Does anyone know how to remove and replace the transfer belt assembly on the MF644cdw? I installed  new magenta  toner cartridge with a piece of plastic sticking out the bottom (that I didn't notice, obviously it was defective) rip right through the belt and destroy it completely.  I found the assembly for purchase online, however, I have not found any instructions, tech manuals, IPB's,  or tutorials on how to remove and reinstall.  Having a tech do it will run about 50% or more of the cost of the unit.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance. 

2 REPLIES 2

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Knoxduder,

Unfortunately, wee do not have any repair manuals that we can provide. If the fixing assembly is damaged, I would suggest contacting our support team at 1-800-652-2666 to see what service or warranty options you might have. You can also check what options are available by logging into your MyCanon account.

knoxduder
Apprentice

Hello Hector, 

Thank you for your reply.  I ordered a new assembly, as I don't believe the assembly itself is repairable.  The assembly was affordable.  I tried contacting the support phone number, and they were unable to provide any help what so ever, either for providing technical manuals, or for referring me to an authorized service center in the greater OKC area.  Perhaps you could help me find an authorized repair again in the Oklahoma City area.  When I contacted support, they seemed as though they had no idea what to do. I've been very impressed with all my canon products in the past, save one PIXMA printer (where a class action lawsuit was filed by many parties), and I would hate for this lack of availability to tarnish the brand and reputation of Canon as a whole.  Granted, it's not a $5,000 dollar printer, but surely Canon has some technical material or references for repair, or can at the very least provide guidance on an authorized repair agent. 

Announcements