cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MF642CDW scanner no longer works

gf9681
Apprentice

Greetings! I'm on a MacBook Air running Big Sur ver 11.4 wirelessly connected to my MF642CDW. The scanner no longer works thru the Canon MF Scan Utility nor does it work when I click on System Preferences > Printers & Scanners > Scan > Open Scanner. Via Canon MF Scan Utility, it says; "Cannot communicate with any of the scanners. The scanners may not be connected, or may be turned off." And via the open scanner thru printers & scanners is says "Scanner reported an error /

Cannot scan because of the following: - Scanner is busy - Error occurred in the scanner - Scanner is in Sleep mode / Check the scanner status and try again. Scanner driver will be terminated. Error code: 2100009." I've already downloaded, installed, and re-installed the drivers off the Canon website (V2.15.7 and V10.19.8), I've reconnected the printer thru the WPS access point, I've restarted the MacBook multiple times, I've powered down and restarted the printer multiple times.. What is wrong?!?!?

1 REPLY 1

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello gf9681,

If the printer is on your network and you have already installed the latest version of the scanner driver from our support site. I would suggest turning the scanner off and on and then preparing the scanner for a network scan using the steps in the link provided HERE.

If preparing the scanner dis not resolve the issue, the problem could be caused by a network connection or files missing from the computer.To provide some feedback or some additional troubleshooting steps, we would need some additional information. If you could reply to this message with the information below, we can provide some assistance.

1. Are you able to scan from any other devices on your network?
  2. What security software do you have installed on your computer?
  3. Are you able to select the name of your computer when you follow the steps to prepare the scanner?

For a more immediate resolution, feel free to contact support at 1-800-652-2666, our agents would be happy to assist.

Announcements