cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MF642CDW Blue printing too dark

pearlheartgtr
Apprentice

I've only had this printer for a couple of weeks.

I've been trying to print something that is primarily blue and it keeps printing a darker blue than it actually is. I've tried a few different progarms (PS, GiMP, Windows Photo Viewer, etc.) and two different computers. It all prints the same. I've tried playing with the toner by dropping the cyan down to about -3. It lightened it slightly, but now it looks dull. I've played with color management and either it gets washed out or washed out with a grey background (supposed to be white).

Photos print fine.

2 REPLIES 2

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

If photos are printing fine, then the problem is likely with the ICC or color profile and the media you are printintg on.  If these are not matched, color variation can result. 

Other possible issues.  Color calibration.  If your monitor is not correctly set or calibrated, the printer my not actually be printing what you think you see. 

So its very important for your monitor to be correctly calibrated, and for you to use the correct profile, color management and media to avoid unexpected or undesired results. 

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thank you for your reply.

After calibrating, futzing with ICCs, and wasting a ton of paper and toner (I'm down to half on the starters), I ended up dropping the toner density down and raising the printer's gamma to 2.2; getting as close as as I can get. All of my programs print good now, except Photoshop. It has the same settings as all of the others, and no matter what profiles I used, it's still a bit darker than everything else.

Announcements