cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MF632CDW error using MF Scan Utility

SergeantHobbs
Apprentice

I recently bought an MF632CDW printer. Connected via WLAN to my home network. Tried to install the software that came along with the printer onto my MacBook Pro, MacOS 10.14.3. This didn't work (error message: this software is for a different operating system)

Installed the new printer via AirPrint on the MacBook and I could use the generic scan function. Went then to the Canon website and searched for updated software/driver in order to use the enhanced functions of the scanner like scan-to-email or scan-to-folder.

Deleted the printer and rebooted the system.

Downloaded two files from the website which seem to be the newest available

• mac-mf-v10111-00.dmg
  • mac-scan-v2140-01.dmg

After installing I set up the new printer in System Settings. Then I registered the Printer/Scanner in the MF Scan Utility. It appeared correctly. 

Now: when I try to scan remotely (by clicking scan document, scan-to-email-scan-to-folder, Scan Gear) an error message appears that the printer/scanner is either:

- busy
- not properly connected
- or an error occurred in the printer

Error code: 210009

Desperately tried a couple of times uninstalling and re-installing driver, software according to the manual, nothing happened. No solution on the internet, either. Maybe, someone has an idea?

3 REPLIES 3

SergeantHobbs
Apprentice
Nobody with an idea?
Meanwhile, I performed a complete reset of the printer/scanner unit. Connected it by Cat 6, disabled Wireless connection. Still the same behaviour. Need help urgently.

Thanks for joining and posting in the Canon Forums! 

The Forum is not intended for immediate help, but a place to allow for the Community to give you assistance and feedback.

If you need immediate assistance with this issue, we will have to recommend that you call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (652-2666), Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. ET (excluding holidays).

If you live outside the United States, please click here and select your country or region for your support needs.

Thank you for reaching out!

Patrice
Whiz

Hi Sergeant Hobbs.

If you still need assistance, please verify that network version of the scanner is registered by following the instructions at the link below:

Registering an MF Scan Utility Compatible Scanner

If you still experience an issue, please call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (652-2666), Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. ET (excluding holidays).

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements