03-04-2017 02:31 PM
HELP! lol. Got a MF624Cw Color Laser.
Laptop is Win 8.1
Installed printer on laptop - status is "Ready"
FOR NOW, using a printer cable to printer (will go wireless when it is otherwise working)
ANY print job seems to spool out ok, then returns with error message Error printing on Cannon series MF620C UFRII LT: The printer couldn't print [filename].
Any help would be GREATLY appreciated
03-04-2017 04:08 PM
I recommend you reset you printer and computer using the steps below.
1. Turn the printer off with the Power button.
2. Disconnect the USB cable from the printer.
3. Unplug the printer's power cord for at least ten minutes, and then plug it back in.
Note: If the power cord is plugged into a surge protector, it may be necessary (for testing purposes) to plug the cord directly into the wall outlet if possible.
4. While your printer is unplugged, reboot your Windows 8.1 laptop.
5. Reconnect the USB cable and turn the printer back on.
6. Retry the operation.
If the error persists, could you answer a few questions?
Is the printer listed in Device Manager? To find this out, please follow these steps:
1. On your keyboard, hold the Windows (flag) key and press ' X '.
2. Click on Device Manager.
3. The Device Manager opens.
Is there an entry in the list named 'Imaging Devices'? If so, click the [>] next to it. What is listed under it? Is there an exclamation mark or red "x"?
Is there an entry in the list named 'Other Devices'? If so, click the [>] next to it. What is listed under it? Is there an exclamation mark or red "x"?
Click the [>] next to Universal Serial Bus Controllers at the bottom of the list. Is USB Printing Support listed here?
03-04-2017 05:09 PM
Did steps 1-6. (for #4 did a COLD boot, not just a restart)
re Imaging - three items under that category: My HP laser 3050; something called "HP Truvision HD and the new printer "Cannon MF620C Series". No red X or exclamation point. Wben I click on the printer, under General tab "THe device is working properly" Under Driver Driver Version 22.214.171.124 (11/1572015)
re Other Devices: (No red X or exclamation points for any of the following:
1) PCI device. Mfgr: Unknown. No driver.
2) "Unknown Device" General tab - Type ther. Mfg Unknown. Location PCI Express Root Complex. Under Events tab Information: Device\ACPA\HPQ6007\3&11583659&0 was configured
3) "Unknown Device" General tab - Type ther. Mfg Unknown. Location: Port_#0014.Hub_0002 Under Events tab Information: Device USB\VID_138A&PID_0050\051000a0fafc was configured
re USB Controllers: Yes - USB Printing Support is listed
General Tab: Mfg tab:Microsoft. The device is working properly
Driver tab: Version 6.3.9600.16384 (06/21/2006).
Events tab: Yesterday (day I installed the printer) Device configured (usbprint.inf)
03-04-2017 05:27 PM
The printer is listed in the Device Manager correctly so you should be able to print. Are you able to print a Windows test page using the steps below?
1. On your keyboard, hold the Windows flag key and press 'x', click 'Control Panel', then select 'Devices and printers'.
2. Right click on the icon for your MF624Cw (or MF620C series), and then select Printer Properties from the menu that appears.
3. Select 'Print Test Page'. A Windows Test Page will print.
03-04-2017 05:29 PM
I tested ANOTHER job. Same result. I opened up the printer status box, where you can cancel jobs etc, clicked on the Printer tab, selected Properties, and found that it was configured to LPT1. CHanged config to USB00, and Bada-Bing. We are in business!
THANK YOU for looking at the problem
12-05-2019 03:45 PM
After much investigation on why my colour page was blue streaks on one side and red streaks on the other, I finally inspected the lazer colour cartridges. The black and yellow looked ok, but the red and the blue inside roller was showing gaps in colour. I replaced the cartridges, and voila, the printer works fine. I only have 2500 colour and 2400 black pages on my print counter, so I was a bit surprised. Overall, I am very happy with this printer.