cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MF455DW- Constantly disappearing from computer

pmedici11
Apprentice

Purchased a Canon ImageClass Mf455dw. Completed the install process. The printer keeps disappearing from the my computer. Its connected via chord not Wi-Fi and it just disappears. The scanner also disappears. I have uninstalled and reinstalled all the drivers, done updates and still I am having this issue.

3 REPLIES 3

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Pmedici11,

We would be happy to assist with the issue. To provide some feedback or some troubleshooting steps, we would need some additional information. If you could reply to this message with the information below, we can provide some assistance.

1. What version of the Mac or Windows operating system are you using on your computer?
  2. When the printer or scanner disappears, do you get any errors or what happens?

pmedici11
Apprentice

I am using windows 11

No I don't get an error message at all. It simply just disappears. I will try to print to it and then nothing. When I go to connected devices it isn't there anymore. Sometimes it will pop back on its own, other times I have to go through the reinstall process.

Hello Pmedic11,

If the printers attached to the computer disappear and reappear, you can try restarting the print spooler service on the computer to see if your printer list comes back up. 

1. Press the Windows key and the letter R key at the same time on your keyboard. In the run box that appears, you can type in services.msc and click OK.
  2. In the window that comes, you can scroll through the list of services and highlight the print spooler service.
  3. Click on the option to restart the service at the window.

If the connected printer does not reappear, I would suggest contacting support at 1-800-652-2666. Our agents would be happy to check what is going on with the printer connection.

Announcements