cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MF4450 and Windows 10: Impossible?

j4450
Apprentice

Can the ImageCLASS MF4450 printer/scanner (and MF Toolbox software)  just not be used with Windows 10, period? I've tried reinstalling the drivers in Compatibility mode and everything else I know of

Any guidance?

Frustrating, because this printer isn't all that old.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

i posted this on http://community.usa.canon.com/t5/Office-Printers/MF-Toolbox-doesn-t-work-on-Windows-10/m-p/180142/h... as well

previously, i had installed the latest SW and driver, changed the WIA service (steps below), and it fixed the scan issue but i couldn't initiate the scan via the start button on the imageclass (4370dn).  

i haven't done 'extensive' testing but the NetworkUSBScanPatchEN.exe patch from 7/7/2016 appears to have fixed the scan issue on imageclass (4370dn) and i can initiate the scan via start button on the imageclass as well.  

in particular, i recall that if you scan, disconnect computer from imageclass, power off imageclass, power on imageclass, reconnect computer to imageclass, then scan again it wouldn't work.  now it does.  

i listed steps that i recommend for updating SW and drivers as well.  i'll respond back if i run into issues.  but i have a feeling canon finally (a year later) resolved this issue.

steps for changing WIA service (in case the NetworkUSBScanPatchEN.exe patch doesn't fix your scan issue):

1. Select Start
  2. Enter services.msc
  3. Select the Services Desktop App
    1. Scroll down to Windows Image Acquisition (WIA)
    2. Right-Click Windows Image Acquisition (WIA) and select Properties
      1. Select the General tab
        1. Make sure that the Startup Type is set to Automatic
      2. Select the Log On tab
        1. Select the box next to Local System account
        2. Select the box next to Allow service to interact with desktop
      3. Select the Recovery tab
        1. Select the First Failure drop-down
        2. Select Restart the Service
        3. Repeat for Second Failure and Third Failure
        4. Leave Reset Service After set to 1 minutes
        5. Select the box next to Enable actions for stops with errors
      4. Select Apply then OK
  4. Reboot

steps i recommend to update SW and drivers:

reboot

uninstall mf###-###

reboot

uninstall canon mf toolbox ####.mf##

reboot

install mf####-###

reboot

install canon mf toolbox ####.mf##

reboot

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14

RockyDen
Apprentice

Any solution to the scanning issue. I've been patiently waiting...Canon please provise us users any update.

best solution,  just left my mf4450 next to the trash can, and will buy other brand. Sick of reinstaling in safe mode toolbox 4.9 and  drivers for canon scanner printer. Every time, when i  need to scan my paperwork have to re do that on win10. 

i posted this on http://community.usa.canon.com/t5/Office-Printers/MF-Toolbox-doesn-t-work-on-Windows-10/m-p/180142/h... as well

previously, i had installed the latest SW and driver, changed the WIA service (steps below), and it fixed the scan issue but i couldn't initiate the scan via the start button on the imageclass (4370dn).  

i haven't done 'extensive' testing but the NetworkUSBScanPatchEN.exe patch from 7/7/2016 appears to have fixed the scan issue on imageclass (4370dn) and i can initiate the scan via start button on the imageclass as well.  

in particular, i recall that if you scan, disconnect computer from imageclass, power off imageclass, power on imageclass, reconnect computer to imageclass, then scan again it wouldn't work.  now it does.  

i listed steps that i recommend for updating SW and drivers as well.  i'll respond back if i run into issues.  but i have a feeling canon finally (a year later) resolved this issue.

steps for changing WIA service (in case the NetworkUSBScanPatchEN.exe patch doesn't fix your scan issue):

1. Select Start
  2. Enter services.msc
  3. Select the Services Desktop App
    1. Scroll down to Windows Image Acquisition (WIA)
    2. Right-Click Windows Image Acquisition (WIA) and select Properties
      1. Select the General tab
        1. Make sure that the Startup Type is set to Automatic
      2. Select the Log On tab
        1. Select the box next to Local System account
        2. Select the box next to Allow service to interact with desktop
      3. Select the Recovery tab
        1. Select the First Failure drop-down
        2. Select Restart the Service
        3. Repeat for Second Failure and Third Failure
        4. Leave Reset Service After set to 1 minutes
        5. Select the box next to Enable actions for stops with errors
      4. Select Apply then OK
  4. Reboot

steps i recommend to update SW and drivers:

reboot

uninstall mf###-###

reboot

uninstall canon mf toolbox ####.mf##

reboot

install mf####-###

reboot

install canon mf toolbox ####.mf##

reboot

thanks, 

the patch worked for me as well.

Thanks, this still works. Recently did a fresh install on my computer and could no longer get the printer working. This fixed it.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements