cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MF249dw Cannot Reset Fax

compconsult
Apprentice

I was trying to send a fax but had no dial tone, after checking I found the phone cable was not connected so sent an email instead. But I cannot stop the fax from continuing to try to send the fax. I powered it off, then back on and it tries dialing. I tried pressing Stop, Clear, Home, nothing will stop the unit from trying to send the fax. I even removed the power cable, but that did not reset the unit.

2 REPLIES 2

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello,

If unplugging the printer from the power for at least 5 seconds did not cancel or delete the fax, it looks like there might be an issue with the hardware. You can try removing the power cord from the back of the printer and then pressing the power button 10 times while unplugged. After that, you can turn the printer back on to see if it tries to redial and send the fax.

If you continue to have issues canceling the fax, I would suggest contacting support over the phone at 1-800-652-2666. Our agents would be happy to assist.

compconsult
Apprentice

Since I posted that issue over 2 months ago I don't remember what I did to fix it. But the issue is gone. Thanks

Announcements