cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MF236n Printer in error state

RitchieJL
Apprentice

I have an Image Class MF236n printer connected by usb to my laptop running Windows 11. I have had the printer for several years with no problems. I recently tried to print a document and got a pop up message that says "printer in Error State". No error code, no message on the printer itself. I downloaded a fresh driver, turned off and unplugged the printer for 5 minutes, restarted and still get the same message. Can anyone help?

1 REPLY 1

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello RitchieJL,

If the printer is not displaying an error but the computer gives you a generic error message, you can try removing the connection for the printer and then Trying a reinstall of the recommended drivers.

You can press the Windows key and the letter R key at the same time on your keyboard. In the run box that appears, you can type in devmgmt.msc and click OK. In the window that comes up, click on the option for Universal Serial Bus controllers at the bottom. You can right click on the USB printing support option for the printer and then select the option to uninstall the device. Once it is gone, you can disconnect the USB cable for the printer.

You can now try to download and reinstall the recommended drivers from our support site using the link HERE. Wait until the setup prompts you before you reconnect the printer to the computer with the USB cable.

If you continue to have issues, I would suggest contacting our support team at 1-800-652-2666, our agents would be happy to assist.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements