cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imageCLASS MF4450 MF toolbox can't find scanner

chris_2000
Apprentice

My MF4450 scanner worked 3 days ago, but it stopped funtioning today after my windows 10 pro recent patch, I guess. MF toolbox 4.9 can't connect to the scanner, with error msg" a supported scanner is not installed". The most funny part is windows fax & scanner can scan via this scanner. I connected the scanner to my PC directly via USB. Any solution?

Regards,

Chris.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

James_C

Hi chris_2000

Let's perform the following steps to resolve the error:

1. Open the Windows Desktop.

2. Right click on the MF Toolbox icon and click Properties.

3. Click the Compatibility tab, then click "Change settings for all users". 

4. Put a check next to "Run this program as an administrator", then click Apply and OK.

5.  Attempt to scan from the MF Toolbox software.

If the issue continues, click HERE for additionally steps to do to resolve the issue.

If you continue to have difficulties, please contact our support group using the following link:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

31 REPLIES 31

James_C

Hi chris_2000

4. Put a check next to "Run this program as an administrator", then click Apply and OK.

If the issue continues, click HERE for additionally steps to do to resolve the issue.

If you continue to have difficulties, please contact our support group using the following link:

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Fantastic! Thanks for your help. No idea why MF Toolbox should stop working after 2 years of no problems, but after wasting about 5 hours reinstalling drivers etc I came accross your post which solved the problem in seconds. 

Thank you!

Please help: My mf toolbox 4.9 that I have used with my Canon imageclass 216n printer suddenly won't work. It's worked with Windows 10 but not now. I have uninstalled the software to no avail. I have installed the latest driver software for the computer, but that's not worked either. I have reinstalled the toolbox software, but no luck. The printer connected by USB does work.

@James_Cwrote:

Hi chris_2000

Hi,

This solution works partially for me: I can scan from MF Toolbox, bo I can't scan directrly from Canon device (I do it very often). I get message that MF Toolbox used by my scaner might not be installed on my computer.

Do you have any ideas how to fix it?

Thanks, tried a lot of things before stumbling into it through search, saved me the day. Thanks

Hi, I do have a MF8500C series and it can print but will not scane. I I deleted and re downloaded the Canon MF Toolbox 4.9, but it keeps giving me an message "There is no scanner connected. Please select a scanner". I can print from the same computer to the same printer. Other computers in the office is working fine. Just this one computer is giving this message. I tried your saggestion to run as admin and still didn't work. What els can I do?

Hi, patriotmedical!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know exactly what model printer you're using (it's usually on the top or front of the unit), and the Computer Operating System you're using (Windows Vista/7/8/10 or macOS 10.x), as well as the way you connect to your device (USB or networked via WiFi or Ethernet).

Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is an urgent support need, please call 1-800-OK-CANON (800-652-2666) weekdays.

If you're outside of the USA, please click HERE to find support options in your country.

Thanks and have a great day!

Windows 8 the Operating System, Connected through WiFi and Ethernet, Model: Canon Color Image Class MF8580Cdw. Like I said earlier a couple of computers with the same operation system is working. They can print and scan

Hi patriotmedical!

I will be glad to assist you.

The first thing to confirm is that the printer is selected in the MF Network Scanner Selector. Please follow the steps below:

1. Click in the system tray.

2. Select the check box for the machine, and click [OK].

• (NOTE) Up to ten computers can be connected at a time on a network to one product (scanner).

If this does not resolve the issue, then it is recommended that you uninstall and reinstall the drivers and MF Toolbox software, following the steps at the link below:

Windows 8, 8.1, and 10 Scanning for imageCLASS

If the error persists, please call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (652-2666), Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. ET (excluding holidays).

Announcements