Did you mean: 

MF 731 Scan Utility

beauchamp43
Contributor

Windows 10

MF 731CDW

Wireless setup

Installed and worked fine for months.

Last week error message "Code 9, 230, 0.  A scanner driver supporting this software is not installed.  Install and try again."

Deleted MF Scan Utility and reinstalled.  Same message.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

4 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Please try the following.

Start Menu > Control Panel > Device and Printers.

Right-click on the printer and select "Set As Default" from the context menu. 

The printer will now appear with a green check mark.

Restart and try printing again. 

Report your results.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

View solution in original post

No luck.  No green check but does say it is default.  Under settings, printers and scanners troubleshoot says needs driver but that is all it knows.  I have downloaded everything on the Canon support page.

Patrice
Whiz

Hi beauchamp.

I see that you have uninstalled and reinstall the MF Scan Utility; however, it is recommended that you uninstall and reinstall the scanner driver. Please follow the steps below to uninstall the driver:

* If you are using Windows 10, please type Control Panel in the search bar to access it.

1. On your computer, open [Control Panel] > [Devices and Printers].

2. Right-click on the MF730C Series printer, and then select [Remove Device]. Delete all icons for the MF730C Series printer.

3. Return to [Control Panel], and then select [Programs] or [Programs and Features] > [Uninstall a Program].

4. Double-click on the Canon MF730C Series Driver, and then follow the prompts to uninstall the files.

5. When the uninstall process is complete, restart the computer.

Once the computer is back on, please click the link below to download and reinstall the drivers:

MF731CMFDriverV5401W64usEN.exe

After the drivers have been reinstalled, restart the computer once more. After the computer is back on, and at the desktop, please scan a document using the MF Scan Utility.

If you continue to receive an error, please call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (652-2666), Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. ET (excluding holidays).

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

4. Double-click on the Canon MF730C Series Driver, and then follow the prompts to uninstall the files

Message that print job is not complete or print jobs pending.  Will let me uninstall.  Made it a point to clear all print jobs prior to attempting uninstall.

7 REPLIES 7

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Please try the following.

Start Menu > Control Panel > Device and Printers.

Right-click on the printer and select "Set As Default" from the context menu. 

The printer will now appear with a green check mark.

Restart and try printing again. 

Report your results.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

No luck.  No green check but does say it is default.  Under settings, printers and scanners troubleshoot says needs driver but that is all it knows.  I have downloaded everything on the Canon support page.

Networked again.  Scan utility is present but cannot talk to printer.  Printer is probably pouting from all the suff I have called it..  Really do not want to go through the deleting printers and drivers again.  I have done that so man times, to no avail.

All of my original problems are solved.  Really cannot say how but thanks to all.  New problem with scan utility but will address that another day.  Sorry for seeming so inept.  Never had problem like this before, especially with Canon.

Couldn't find where to check problem solved.

Thanks to all

Hi, beauchamp43!  We're glad your printer problems were resolved.  To mark a post as the solution, find the post that contains the answer and click the button marked "Accept as Solution."  That'll make it easier for your fellow users to find a solution if they encounter a similar problem.

Have a great day!

Patrice
Whiz

Hi beauchamp.

I see that you have uninstalled and reinstall the MF Scan Utility; however, it is recommended that you uninstall and reinstall the scanner driver. Please follow the steps below to uninstall the driver:

* If you are using Windows 10, please type Control Panel in the search bar to access it.

1. On your computer, open [Control Panel] > [Devices and Printers].

2. Right-click on the MF730C Series printer, and then select [Remove Device]. Delete all icons for the MF730C Series printer.

3. Return to [Control Panel], and then select [Programs] or [Programs and Features] > [Uninstall a Program].

4. Double-click on the Canon MF730C Series Driver, and then follow the prompts to uninstall the files.

5. When the uninstall process is complete, restart the computer.

Once the computer is back on, please click the link below to download and reinstall the drivers:

MF731CMFDriverV5401W64usEN.exe

After the drivers have been reinstalled, restart the computer once more. After the computer is back on, and at the desktop, please scan a document using the MF Scan Utility.

If you continue to receive an error, please call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (652-2666), Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. ET (excluding holidays).

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

4. Double-click on the Canon MF730C Series Driver, and then follow the prompts to uninstall the files

Message that print job is not complete or print jobs pending.  Will let me uninstall.  Made it a point to clear all print jobs prior to attempting uninstall.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements