cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MF 4880 scanner not working

blampert2
Apprentice

I had to reinstall windows10 now my scanner wont work anymore.

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-7400 CPU @ 3.00GHz 3.00 GHz
Installed RAM 16.0 GB (15.9 GB usable)
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

I have reinstalled printer drivers, patches and Toolbox 4.9 several times.

I am looking for instructions on the process.

When I run Toolbox, i get this message:

A supported scanner is not installed. Please install a supported scanner then restart toolbox.

There are several possible variables possibly affecting the installation. When should the printer be turned ON or OFF? When should the USB cable be plugged in? When should the computer be restarted?

I am installing these drivers in order:

MF4800MFDriverV4101WPusEN

NetworkUSBScanPatchEN

ToolBox4911mf18WinEN

I feel like I have reinstalled these drivers about 10 times or so, ad have uninstalled them between each installation. Trying to randomize the above variables. Maybe you could suggest the correct order of a process that will get me scanning again?

2 REPLIES 2

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Blampert2,

The install order would be to start with the printer disconnected from the computer. You would download and install the MF4800MFDriverV4101WPusEN. Before starting the install, turn off any security software running on the computer. During the install, the setup will prompt you to turn the printer on and connect it to the computer. Once the install is complete for the drivers, you can download and install the ToolBox4911mf18WinEN.

If you continue to have issues scanning after the install, I would suggest contacting support at 1-800-652-2666. The can check for any issues during the install or any security software preventing the install from completing.

installing the patch and restarting computer heloed.

Announcements