cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MD644CDw has to be reinstalled after every use

triodist
Apprentice

I have a Canon Color imageCLASS MF644Cdw. Every time I use it I have to reinstall the driver software, otherwise I get various errors like “Printer busy” or “Unknown error.” I’ve tried several USB cables andWiFi with the same results. My computer is an iMac 27-i running MacOS Catalina 10.15.7. And yes, I’ve downloaded the latest drivers from the website. You cannot imagine how frustrating this is, this awful printer makes a simple job into a half-hour nightmare of repeated failed attempts to print or scan.

Other than replacing the printer, any ideas for a fix?

I'm not going to continue to do this every time I need to print or scan. If this can't be resolved soon, the printer goes in the trash and I buy another brand.

1 REPLY 1

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Triodist,

If you printer busy or unkown errors, it will usually point to a connection issue. In this situation, I would suggest going into printers and scanners and using the - at the bottom of the list to remove any connections for the printer. Once the connections have been removed, you can click the + to see if there are any active connections for the printer. In the window, you can select the printer and then click add to create a fresh connection.

If you continue to have issues with the new connection for the printer, I would suggest contacting support at 1-800-652-2666. Our agents would be happy to assist with the issue and see what is going on with the drivers/connection.

Announcements