cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MB5120 won't leave FAX mode.

AnthonyK
Apprentice

I'm using my MB 5120 printer over WiFi from a Windows 10 laptop. As soon as I turn on the printer it goes into fax mode. I can't STOP it or turn the machine off. I can pull the power plug, but as soon as it starts it tries to print to the fax. I don't use fax and would just as soon disable the fax if I could.

I have made the printer my default printer. I have removed the default fax device from the list of printers & scanners. If this keeps up I will have to return the machine as defective and try to get my money back.

1 REPLY 1

Caemene
Rising Star

Hi AnthonyK,

I understand that your printer is stuck in “Send Fax” mode and several of the printers connected to this computer are not in the office. The following steps are what we discussed earlier and can assist with resolving the issue:

On the Printer

1. Disconnect the power cable.

On the Computer:

1. Cancel all pending print jobs.
  2. Remove the printer from the computer printer list under Devices & Printers.
  3. Remove the printer driver from the Program & Features list.
  4. Restart the computer.
  5. While the computer is restarting perform the following steps on the printer.

On the Printer

1. Plug the printer in and power it on.
  2. Slide your finger across the screen from RIGHT to LEFT two times.
  3. Press SETUP.
  4. Press DEVICE SETTINGS.
  5. Press LAN SETTINGS.
  6. Press OTHER SETTINGS.
  7. Slide your finger from the BOTTOM to the TOP of the screen 1 time.
  8. Press WSD SETTINGS.
  9. Press ENABLE/DISABLE WSD.
  10. Press DISABLE.
  11. The printer will adjust the settings.
  12. Press the BACK button 1 time.
  13. Slide your finger from the BOTTOM to the TOP of the screen 1 time.
  14. Press LLMNR.
  15. Press ACTIVE.
  16. Press the HOME button on the printer.

On the Computer.

Now that the printer is adjusted, reinstall the MB5100 series MP Driver on your computers. The following steps will assist you:

1. Click HERE to go directly to the Canon download website.
  2. Below Drivers & Downloads, next to Operating System, your operating system should be detected.
  3. A little further down and to the right, click on the SELECT button next to the file titled “MB5100 series MP Driver Ver. 1.00 (Windows)”
  4. Click on the red DOWNLOAD button.
  5. If you are asked to RUN or SAVE the file, click on SAVE.
  6. When the file has been saved, you will be given the option to OPEN or RUN the file. This time click on RUN.
  7. If you are not given the option to RUN the file, go to the Downloads folder and double-click on the file titled, “m68n-win-mb5100-1_00-ea34_2.exe”
  8. If you are asked if you would like to allow the setup program to make changes, select YES or OK.
  9. When the welcome screen appears, follow the on-screen instructions to install the driver/software on your computer.
  10. After completion of the driver/software installation, perform a test print.
Announcements