cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MB2320 wrong ink cartridge installed

glenmosby
Apprentice

The black ink ran out and my wife tried replacing it before I got home and installed the blue ink in the black slot by mistake. Printer is now stuck in Supprt Code 5501.  I need to force an ink change. How do I do that?  I am experienced a PC and printer support but since I can't get past the support code to a menu, I just need to know what to do.

7 REPLIES 7

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

I don't know specifics of that printer, but if there is a button with a circle/triangle press and hold and see if things clear. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Called Canon service line this morning. The printer has to be returned.  According to them, because it uses the 1200 cartridges which are pressurized, you can only change ink cartridges when it tells you to. No way to trigger it manually.  Since it's under warranty, they are sending a replacement printer.

So a word of caution to MB2320 owner's, don't mess up when changing ink cartridges!

celb
Apprentice

To remove a cartridge from a MB2320 with error code 5500 and printer is locked up.

1 Unplug printer open front door,  watch print head

2 Plug printer back in and when print head  moves to the left unplug the printer.

3 The print head will now move by hand, line up the cartridge with the removal slot and exject the cartridge.and replace        

with   the correct one.

4 Allows any cartridge to be removed at any time for any reaso

See  this sit for more information

[MOD NOTE: Link removed per forum guidelines] 

I have this same problem, and I can get the ink to slide back and forth but cannot get the eject button to work. Any suggestions?

Only thing I can add is it worked for me, but when upluging the carriage it should be moving about in the center ,then move by hand the carriage to the far left to release the ejector. and then locate the  ink cartrige for ejection.

solitude99
Apprentice

I am having a similar problem.  I changed all four of my ink cartridges but now the blue eject button is stuck in the up position and will not release.  I am getting a support code of B504.  Any suggestions?  Thanks.....

OK....so after JUST posting the above post I once again unplugged my machine and then plugged it back in and restarted.  On this 3rd attempt the printer went through about a 5 minute process and then cleared the code.  The code I now know B504 error code is a built in protection to stop the delicate resistors in the print-head from overheating.  This has to do with the printer not sensing ink.  For whatever reson after 3 resets it now does.  My blue eject button that you push upwards to release is still stuck though.  BUT at least I was able to print what I needed.  

Announcements