cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAXIFY MB5420 Does not detect ink level

linda_lou_h
Apprentice

Canon Maxify MB5420 does not detect ink level of empty ink cartridge and won't let me replace.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

linda_lou_h
Apprentice

I got it fixed using two different hints. First I sent something to print, then before it finished printing I unplugged the printer. This prevented the ink cartridges from locking in place. Then I turned the left back white wheel until it clicked. This enabled the cartridge ejector. Then I moved the empty ink cartridge into the replacement position. When I pressed the blue button the cartridge was ejected and I was able to replace it.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

linda_lou_h
Apprentice

I got it fixed using two different hints. First I sent something to print, then before it finished printing I unplugged the printer. This prevented the ink cartridges from locking in place. Then I turned the left back white wheel until it clicked. This enabled the cartridge ejector. Then I moved the empty ink cartridge into the replacement position. When I pressed the blue button the cartridge was ejected and I was able to replace it.

Blue button does not engage on ours.   Thanks for the tip.  I suppose this printer is trash unless there is a way to clean print heads

Announcements